Overview of LinkedIn
LinkedIn is the granddaddy of professional/business networking sites, but its usefulness goes far beyond hosting resumes. These days, endorsements, news, interest groups, and even classes have become part of the LinkedIn scene.
- What is LinkedIn? - LinkedIn focuses on professional networks, featuring a resume page, photographs, and a referral system.
- Setting up a LinkedIn Account - LinkedIn is a social network, but with a focus on professional networking, warm leads, skill endorsements, and business referrals.
- Networking Through LinkedIn - Email, Facebook, and Twitter accounts are excellent referral sources, but keeping your posts lively and interesting is the best way to attract followers.
- Enhancing Your LinkedIn Profile and Page - Although LinkedIn accounts are based on professional resumes, yours need not be dull and generic. Enhance your profile with video, text, art, images, and blogs.
- Starting a LinkedIn Group - Social networks often put more of an emphasis on the social versus the networking. LinkedIn, however, started out as a social network focused on professionals and business, and has grown to be one of the top social networks in the country.